Aviva Life Insurance Company Limited ("Aviva")
We, Aviva Life Insurance Company Limited ("Aviva"), are committed to respecting and protecting your personal data by observing and complying with the requirements under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (Chapter 486, laws of Hong Kong) ("PDPO").
Collection of Personal Data
We collect personal data in a number of ways. The most common circumstances in which we collect personal data are when you enquire about products we offer, you apply for an insurance product and make subsequent application in respect of your policy, you change your personal details and you make a claim.
The types of personal data we collect from you will depend on the circumstance in which information is required for processing your request. We may collect details including your name, HKID number, date of birth, contact details and other personal data relevant to the application you made.
Purpose of collection/use
Pursuant to the above, it is voluntary for you to provide your personal data specified at the time of collection and in the ordinary course of our business relationship. However, if you fail to do so, we may not be able to process your application/request due to lack of information.
The information collected from you will be used for the following purposes ("Purposes"):
- processing your application and verifying your eligibility for insurance, financial or wealth management products or services;
- managing your account with us (including account collection);
- assignment processing;
- designing, providing and arranging of insurance/financial products or related services;
- processing of any credit, medical, security and underwriting checks and insurance claims;
- processing payment instructions;
- statistics and research;
- providing you with promotional materials relating to our insurance or financial services or related wealth management products, and those of other entities whose ultimate parent company is Aviva plc ("companies within the Aviva Group");
- marketing the following services/products:
- reward, loyalty or privileges programmes and related services and products;
- donations and contributions for charitable and/or non-profit making purposes;
- performing policy review and needs analysis;
- information intelligence including customer due diligence and anti-money laundering screening,
- meeting any disclosure requirements imposed by law or regulatory authorities on Aviva or companies within the Aviva Group;
- communication with you; and
- fulfilling any other purposes directly related to (a) to (m) above.
Transfer of Personal Data
The personal data that you have supplied/will supply to us for the Purposes may be transferred within or outside Hong Kong to:
- other companies within the Aviva Group;
- any companies carrying on insurance and/or reinsurance related business;
- any insurance intermediaries who have an agency or brokerage agreement with Aviva;
- any insurance claim investigators;
- loss adjusters;
- partnering financial institutions;
- third party administrators;
- professional advisors;
- any associations and federations of the insurance industry that exist from time to time;
- any other service providers providing insurance and/or reinsurance related business;
- any agents, affiliates, contractors or third party service providers who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer, payment, printing, redemption or other services to Aviva in relation to the operation of the business of Aviva;
- any credit reference agencies;
- any debt collection agencies;
- any persons and corporate entities to whom Aviva is obliged to disclose under the requirement of any law relating to Aviva or any of its affiliates or business partners;
- any governmental and judicial bodies or regulators;
- medical bill review companies; and r. information intelligence provider(s).
Aviva may transfer your Personal Data in connection with a transaction with another company which affects the control, governance, structure and/or management of all or a substantial part of its business, or if required to satisfy applicable legal or regulatory requirements.
Direct marketing and your right to opt out from use of Personal Data in direct marketing
We intend to use your name, telephone number, address, email address for direct marketing insurance/financial products and directly related services but would not do so without your consent.
If you do not wish us to use your personal data for direct marketing, please write to us at the below address.
Access to personal data
You have a right under the PDPO to make a data access or correction request concerning your Personal Data held by us. You may make such request by writing to:
Att. Contact Centre Manager of the Customer Services Department
Aviva Life Insurance Company Limited
30/F, One Kowloon, 1 Wang Yuen Street, Kowloon Bay
Personal data retention
Your personal data will be kept for such period as necessary for the provision of our services and to comply with applicable laws including regulatory requirements. If we no longer need your personal information, we will take all practical steps to erase it.
Third parties website(s)
We link to a wide variety of other sites and we may display advertisements from third parties on our website. We are not responsible for the content or privacy policies of these sites and third party advertisers, nor for the way in which information about their users is treated. In particular, unless expressly stated, we are not agents for these sites or advertisers nor are we authorised to make representations on their behalf.
Third Party Software
If you wish to (a) opt-out of our purpose for collecting your anonymous information and activities data or (b) do not wish to trigger any advertising by Google on your device(s), then please follow the instructions on the link to block collection: Analytics opt-out browser add-on.
Please note that if you opt out by blocking cookies, this may affect your ability and experience with using our website.
Application of the PDPO
Nothing in this statement shall limit your rights under the PDPO.
- Session cookies which are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you close the browser.
- Persistent cookies which remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Cookies cannot be used by themselves to identify you.
When you visit our Website, we may also log your IP address, a unique identifier for your computer or other access device assigned by your internet provider. The information shall be retained depending on the type of cookie used and for such period as necessary for the provision of our services.
Session cookies To allow you to carry information across pages of our Website and avoid having to re-enter information.
Persistent cookies :
- To help us recognise you as a unique visitor (just a randomly generated number) when you return to our Website and to allow us to tailor content or advertisements to match your preferred interests.
- Within research surveys to ensure you are not invited to complete a questionnaire too often or after you have already done so.
You have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying the settings in your browser on your device. However, you may not be able to use all the interactive features of our Website if cookies are disabled.
For information about how to disable cookies in your browser please visit the About Cookies Website.